TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest growing companies, and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for a Web Software Developer to help sustain an existing web-based legacy system while redesigning the application to include new features and capabilities. The Web Software Developer will design, develop, and implement software release packages, as well as troubleshoot, debug and implement software code. In this position, you will consult with various system stakeholders and end-users to identify current operating procedures and new requirements to clarify program objectives. The Web Software Developer will provide end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) support. The ideal candidate has knowledge of standard web-based development concepts, practices, and procedures, and can rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Web Software Developer will work under general supervision.
- Develop and document requirements
- Read and write C# code, ASP.Net, HTML, and XML
- Create, support, and enhance Presentation Layers, Data Layers and System-level Legacy software such as Windows Services.
- Write code in an Enterprise environment, demonstrating an understanding of security techniques (HBSS, Security Policies, GPOs, STIGS), and applying Best Practices while writing software
- System design
- Write and modify code
- Perform testing (unit, developers, integration)
- Troubleshoot problems and debug code
- Support user acceptance testing
- Install system releases and upgrades
- Support end-user training
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Have a strong working knowledge with Structured Query Language (SQL), preferably Oracle's PL/SQL language.
- Working knowledge of Web Servers, specifically Microsoft's IIS, versions 6.0-8.5.
- Thoroughly understand SSL and Certificates. Including Code-Signing Certificates, Certificates used for securing websites, Network Access Authentication Certificates, Mail Certificates, and Certificate stores.
- Ability to work independently and in small groups
- Critical-thinking skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Time Management Skills
- Excellent People Skills
- 2+ years Java Spring Framework experience
- At least 5 years of related experience
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related area
- DoD experience
- Experience writing / consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Sencha ExtJS and/or REACT JAVA UI Framework
- Knowledge of Secure Web Development Practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: DoD Secret will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Less than 25%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.