TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest growing companies, and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for a Senior Application Developer to work on strategic and enterprise level application projects. An effective Senior Application Developer leverages strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills to manage the business, functional and technical requirements for software and process solutions. A Senior Application Developer must be flexible, adaptable, and overcome challenges both independently and effectively in a team environment. A Senior Application Developer provides expert guidance to clients and co-works on requirements management and analysis best practices.
- Lead the team in designing and developing products
- Leverage cloud platforms for greater automation, greater efficiency, and shorter development cycles at lower costs. For example, Azure Service Fabric clusters; Service Bus; Functions, Web Apps, and Logic Apps; API Management Gateway; AWS networking and related services.
- High automation of DevOps activities with rule-based mitigation and error re-processing services
- Independently design and/or codes and lead others in the development of cost-effective application and program solutions.
- Leads or acts as a technical contributor in the design of new applications or enhancements including the integration of purchased solutions.
- Is fully familiar and compliant with the efficient utilization of the prescribed methodologies and ensures compliance for the work of all aligned resources.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production, including the integration of purchased solutions.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications.
- Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have a system-wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
- Confidently take initiative.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation through one-on-one interviews and group discussions.
- Document requirements using the format defined by the client process.
- Analyze and communicate the impact of competing solutions to business problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- REACT Framework preferred
- Introducing new technologies and techniques to improve development time and maintainability of applications.
- .NET Familiarity
- Experience with Agile software development
- 6-12 years as a Senior Application Developer or similar role
- Exhibit passion, patience and perseverance characteristics with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work effectively in organizations with little format process and organizations with strict policies.
Education & Certification Requirements:
- 4-Year Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or other related fields
- Prior experience on government projects and/or GCSS-AF is a plus
- Prior consulting experience is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: NACI will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 25%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.