TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest growing companies, and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for a seasoned Incident Management (IM) Subject Matter Specialist (SMS), within Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based context. The IM SMS will assist the Incident Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) in supporting and participating on incident support teams to diagnose and resolve incidents as approved by leadership and requested by the Major Incident Owner. They will help coordinate with incident stakeholders and external organizations involved in all incident activities to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents. The IM SMS will provide Information Technology support and troubleshooting skills while demonstrating expertise in the support of capability incidents. They will assist in the implementation and support of approved changes as directed to resolve an incident. Participate in status meetings, related working groups, conferences, and other meetings involving Information Technology activities impacting or potentially impacting BES deployed systems and supporting infrastructures.
They will provide relevant information to the IM SME, senior leadership and Program Management Offices (PMOs) via telecoms, email and/or weekly meetings. The IM SMS will act as a technical field representative for BES programs in this capacity and facilitate communication between the external organizations. As requested, they will assist with briefings and/or status updates to the IM SME and/or BES leadership on the status of ongoing incidents. The IM SMS will facilitate and/or participate in status meetings, working groups, conferences, and other meetings involving IT management activities impacting or potentially impacting deployed systems and supporting infrastructures. Lastly, the IM SMS will deliver support at all levels of the AF Program Executive Officer, Business Enterprise Systems (AFPEO BES) organization, particularly at the executive and program levels.
- Serve as the PEO BES IM SMS and provide support to the PEO BES IM SME with the development and implementation of ITSM processes and procedures across the BES portfolio.
- Provides support in ensuring development, customization, integration, and implementation with other PEO BES Service Management processes and procedures such as Incident, Problem, Event and Change Management.
- Ensure industry standard ITSM methods and procedures are used for a prompt response, analysis, documentation, and ongoing development/management of BES incidents.
- Develop, customize, edit, and/or maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the PEO BES IM and major incident services
- Drives implementation of standard execution of the PEO BES IM and major incident processes
- Assists with analysis of current IM and major incident capabilities across the BES directorate. Assists with preparing courses of action to identify/recommend improved IM and major incident operations and/or efficiencies.
- Supports PEO BES Leadership and PMOs in the collection, interpretation, and monitoring of incident and major incident metrics and events including, but not limited to Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), ticket counts, # escalations.
- Responsible for communicating with and coordinating incident activities with PEO BES IM SME, Major Incident Owners, PMOs, Chief Engineers, etc.
- Directly work for PEO BES IM SME and with the Field Assistance Service (FAS) Tier 1 Support professionals as required to ensure proper recording of major incidents.
- Accountable for updating submitted incident tickets in FAS Remedy system with PEO BES leadership approval/disapproval decision.
- Contribute to PEO BES incident reviews and updates as required.
- Provide briefings and/or status updates as required to BES IM SME and senior leadership on the status of ongoing BES incidents and major incidents.
- Ensure activities within the BES IM and major incident processes are being performed at a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Participate in working groups, IPTs, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and other reviews and meetings where systems integration issues are addressed.
- Deliver support expertise for the entire lifecycle of the Defense Business System (DBS) from design through sustainment, such as:
- Business process re-engineering and mission thread facilitation
- Requirements engineering/analysis
- Mission analysis and design
- Analysis of alternatives
- Capability-based assessments
- Business Process Management/Transformation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM stages, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to be proactive, acts and anticipates opportunities without continual oversight.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize duties based on shifting demands.
- Understand, articulate, and implement best practices related to their area of expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail mindset.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, team-based environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills with business and technical communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
- 5 years of ITIL/ITSM industry experience with a comprehensive understanding of processes and in-depth knowledge of the various ITSM stages to include, but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, and Continuous Improvement.
- 5 years of functional experience with ITIL concepts, processes, and working knowledge of DoD Defense Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF) Incident Management requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in numerous Information Technology disciplines to include, but not limited to Project Management, Software Development, Networking, Information Security, Testing, System Administration, Help Desk, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working in an Incident Management team within a mature ITIL/ITSM process environment.
- 5 years of experience supporting service management implementation, maintenance, and changes within a high-availability software capability environment.
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required
- Thorough understanding of Air Force and/or DoD ITIL/ITSM processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM stages.
- Extensive knowledge of Air Force and/or DoD daily operational practices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: NACI will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 20%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.