TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest-growing companies and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for an Audit Specialist to assist a government client in the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia area. The Audit Specialist should be a self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills to successfully produce accurate and polished client deliverables.
- Perform financial statement compilation
- Review policy and procedure documentation and provide recommendations for updates
- Review auditor findings and determine a remediation plan
- Meet with clients to present and discuss recommendations for remediation
- Lead follow up meetings to ensure all remediation processes are continuing and milestones are being met
- Compose official written communications
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong Excel background (VBA, Macros)
- Experience and knowledge of finance and accounting
- Must be attentive to details
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and deliver high-quality work products
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate team and client meetings
- Ability to deliver informative, well-organized presentations to senior-level decision-makers
- Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
- Candidate must have 2-10 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 5 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies.
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited United States college or university in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- Prior experience involving DoD financial management or accounting experience a plus
- Project management skills/experience preferred
- Experience with data analysis and tools a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: DoD Secret will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 25%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.