TACG is a driven Alaskan Native 8(a) professional consulting firm, that focuses on employee growth in collaboration with client delivery. Our portfolio ranges from support work with Health and Human Services to highly skilled Defense consulting. We have recently been awarded as one of INC.5000’s fastest growing companies, and received multiple best places to work awards. How can you help shape TACG?
TACG is looking for a Senior Data Analyst / Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Developers to provide data analysis support and ETL development for a Government program. They will assist a Functional Management Office (FMO) in defining data requirements, business rules, and the design and development of the business rules. This will allow for the testing/evaluation, implementation and sustainment of the Government program, interfacing legacy systems and other capability initiatives.
The Senior Data Analyst / ETL Developer will work with stakeholders, including technical management, functional management, project management, and business process SMEs to collect and define the data requirements needed to meet specific business capabilities. They will support the documentation, ETL development, support Technical Interchange Meetings with all data trading partners and the functional users to support the roll out of the new supply chain planning solution.
- Perform data requirements assessments and data cleansing.
- Review and analyze existing architectural documentation and other program information related to data
- Decomposes data flows by identifying and defining data requirements at the data element level
- Research and document authoritative sources of the data
- Participate in Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews and workshops to elicit data-related information associated with current (“As-Is”) and future (“To-Be”) business processes
- Assess, transform, and load data received from legacy systems in various formats (CSV, Excel, database tables, etc.) into Oracle table structures. This includes translating business rules into SQL cod and apply them to the data in correct sequence.
- Translate and document SME requirements into text-based business rules. Assist with the identification, definition, and configuration of business rules.
- Present results of business rules transformation to SMEs in meaningful format in order to validate and evolve the data and business rules into acceptable data package.
- Prepare the data to be ingested by an Oracle ERP application, consistent with the constraints imposed by the target system.
- Use reporting tools to change the appearance of the query results in order to be presentable (format the output data, using colors, ordering, etc) to various audiences for validation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Oracle relational database concepts and design.
- Working knowledge and experience with development tools including, but not limited to:
- Oracle SQL Developer, or TOAD
- Structured Query Language (SQL) - for both Data Manipulation Language (DML) to alter data, and Data Definition Language (DDL) to create and alter database structures.
- Procedural Language Extensions to Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) to perform complex data manipulation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools; including Microsoft Visio
- Proficient in database modeling (i.e., ERWIN), database development and administration
- Working knowledge of a structured modeling technique (e.g., BPMN, IDEF, UML, etc.)
- Excellent team skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- At least 5-10 years of broad/diverse background and experience in data analysis and ETL development
Education & Certification Requirements:
- Associate degree (2-year) required
- Bachelor degree (4-year) strongly preferred
- Facilitation skills/experience.
- Database Administration (DBA) experience and skills.
- Cloud architecture and components related
- Oracle ERP architecture and components related to data migration.
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Cloud based software development tools including, but not limited to:
- Spark (SQL queries).
- Kylo (data ingest and preparation).
- Nifi (workflow).
- Knowledge of Master Data Management
- Knowledge of supply chain management concepts.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, including management of Parts and Assemblies
- 2 years of experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD) and/or United States Air Force (USAF)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: NACI will be required
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 20%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
We understand that our employees make us the great company we are, so we want to give back as much as possible. Whether it’s our flexible wellness program that gives you the power to do what makes you happy or focusing on career development utilizing our tuition reimbursement, we’re sure to have every benefit you’re looking for, to also include; matching 401(k), Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage and much more!
TACG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.