EquityZen is a growing, early-mid stage financial technology company, that is leveling the field in how startup employees get paid. With our premier marketplace, we unlock the value of their equity compensation in a way that benefits all key players: the shareholder, the company, and the investor. Watch the short video here
to learn more.
Our growing team
is our biggest asset and our office culture is a huge part of what makes us tick. We're looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and resourceful Office Operations Associate
who takes pride in maintaining and evolving this critical part of the employee experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Greet all visitors (mostly job candidates), making them feel immediately welcome.
- Maintain inventory and stock all food, snacks, drinks and office supplies; explore new vendors with an eye on cost-effectiveness as we continue to grow.
- Serve as point-of-contact for facilities issues, working with building management and cleaning service as needed.
- Maintain clean and efficient common areas including the kitchen and meeting rooms.
- Plan and execute on various team events including weekly lunches, milestone celebrations, team building events, holiday parties, and company meetings.
- Receive and distribute all mail and packages.
- Assist in managing invoices and vendor payments.
- Handle travel arrangements and scheduling for senior level team members as requested.
- Reporting to VP, People Operations, you will assist with various other team initiatives as requested.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 1-3 years proven experience in office management and/or administrative support in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and welcoming interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to gracefully manage competing priorities
- Belief that no job is too small to accomplish team’s goals
- Proficiency in G-Suite and MS Office
- Ability to stand your ground with vendors if they are not providing services requested
- Ability to negotiate prices with vendors and venues
- A sense of humor and fun that is reflected in planned activities and office environment
- Manic attention to detail
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 20 lbs
*BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience coordinating office moves
- Experience working in a growing, start-up environment
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Opportunity to work closely with the entire organization, including the founding team.
- Equity, competitive salary, fully paid employee benefits premiums (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more -- including perks that you may introduce!
- Being part of a smart, passionate, mission-focused team that also knows how to have fun.
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York City
Type: Full Time
Sector: Financial Technology (FinTech)
Department: People Operations
Min Experience: 1-3 years in busy office environment
Equity Grant: Yes
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.