EquityZen is looking for an experienced senior front end engineer to join our growing team and become a key contributor for our front-end applications as we rapidly expand our industry-defining online investment platform. Our ideal candidate has years of production experience using React or a similar framework, is passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, loves ideating and collaborating with designers on UX and UI, and strives for pixel perfection.
Our team is a group of ambitious, yet humble people across all disciplines and backgrounds. Have a look at our team
and join us if you’re interested in these set of values.
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology firm based in the Flatiron district of Manhattan. Our mission is to bring private markets to the public. Wealth creation has historically only been accessible by those already wealthy. We have already opened up access to 10,000 times as many folks as before, and are working to put it within reach of a third of the world.
Having facilitated 5,000+ private placements in 100+ mature, pre-IPO companies (with company approval), our platform services employees, HNWIs, and hedge funds from ~50 countries. EquityZen's investors include pedigreed VCs like Tim Draper and Wall Street institutions like WorldQuant. Watch a short video to learn more
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Opportunity to work hand-in-hand with designers, PM, business stakeholders and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement front-end experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Ability to work with cutting-edge technologies and encouragement to introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Experience defining and teaching team members about front-end best practices
- Hands on experience with the venture capital and technology-driven startup ecosystems
- Experience working on a fast growing and fast moving team who is passionate about building amazing products that provide high value to our customers and are a pleasure to use
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across the entire organization, including the founding team
- Access to corporate discounts (commute, gym, rental car, groceries, etc.)
- Equity, competitive salary, full benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, unlimited snacks and drinks, and fun with our team!
- 5+ years of professional experience working with front-end applications in production
- Production experience working with React JSX and a state management library like Redux or mobx
- Professional experience with NodeJS build tools e.g. gulp/webpack, scaffolding utilities e.g. create_react_app, and npm and/or yarn.
- Hands on experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs.
- Experience integrating artifacts from Sketch, SVG Icon Generators and similar apps
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Passion for maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with our stack (Python/Django/ElasticSearch/Kibana)
- Experience working with Apollo graphql client.
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform
their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.