EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer
to join our growing team as we rapidly expand our industry-defining online investment platform. Join us if you love using Python with Django, Flask, or similar for production, are passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, enjoys ideating and collaborating with PM and business stakeholders, and is a pixel perfectionist. Our team is a group of ambitious, yet humble people across all disciplines and backgrounds. Have a look at our team
and join us if you’re interested in these set of values.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 6500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to all areas of the stack and be involved in multiple, highly visible and impactful projects
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PM, business stakeholders and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Work with an agile team that champions software development best practices
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 3+ years of professional experience working with Python applications in production
- Production experience working with React JSX and a state management library like Redux or mobx
- Hands on experience developing GraphQL schemas and/or Swagger definitions for GraphQL and RESTful APIs, respectively
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Passionate about writing maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
OUR TECH STACK
EquityZen runs a robust stack including React + Redux, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ continuously integrated with zero-downtime deployments on AWS.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience mentoring team members on new technologies
- Experience conducting product demonstrations for non-technical users
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Experience working on a fast growing and fast moving team who is passionate about building amazing products that provide high value to our customers and are a pleasure to use
- Hands on experience with the venture capital and technology-driven startup ecosystems
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across the entire organization, including the founding team
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.