We optimize for clever and relentless people, who thrive when their roles and responsibilities are evolving and growing. It's proved very effective for us -- we've tripled our team and more than 10xed our volume in the last 2 years.
Many of our candidates come from experience at a startup, law firm, financial services firm, or consulting firm, but we welcome people from any high-performance environment.
The Business Development role is in charge of owning client relationships and delivering on transaction outcomes. As such, intimate knowledge of client relationships in capital markets is an absolute must-have, and familiarity with deal execution is a major plus (particularly with longer duration transactions such as the private placements space in which we operate).
We are expecting 6-10+ years of prior experience for this role; more senior experience welcome -- responsibility set and comp will skew accordingly.
- Relentless commitment to client service above all else
- Thorough, with a very high attention to detail
- Motivation and drive to build relationships, close transactions, and generate growth -- overall, take the utmost pride in your work
- Organized and systematic with communication
- Meticulous attention to client engagement and deal process
Responsibilities: Business Development
- Outreach and development of new relationships with asset managers, wealth management platforms, angel investors and other clients on the buy side.
- Build relationships with sellers ranging from individuals (founders, executives) to venture capital/private equity firms and their limited partners, on an ongoing basis, to strengthen Equidate's mindshare, and provide liquidity when the time is right.
- Leverage relationships to expand Equidate's access into the right networks -- be it Silicon Valley communities, HNW individuals, angel groups, or family offices.
- Cater to and grow inbound and outbound relationships and inquiries; work with growth engineering team to automate, sync and scale client engagement.
- Get creative and clever -- whether in getting in front of the right people, tailoring opportunities for clients, or brainstorming a path forward on a potential deal.
- Regularly engage and meet with client base to demonstrate expertise and add value -- provide insight into the market, deal flow information, structural elements of the market, transaction process.
Responsibilities: Sales and Deal Process
- Align transaction demand and supply across rounds and time to manage price and volume alignment.
- Once aligned, work with operations, legal, and other stakeholders to manage a tight process, and display consummate professionalism
- Own your outcomes -- play a key role in bringing relationships from deal match to confirmation and close.
- Collaborate with distribution channels and partners to manage market activity, grow deal flow, and source demand and supply when needed, in addition to inbound interest from our clients.
- Maintain a cool head in uncertain deal scenarios, and think a few steps ahead to make sure that issues and risks are identified early and averted.
Responsibilities: Enable team and streamline processes
- Build intimate familiarity over time with different private company processes; different client-type preferences; different structures and their respective documentation / processes.
- Work with engineering / product to ensure right tools are built to automate all deal processes, including enabling and improving CRM processes.
- Proactively identify ways to automate and scale deal operations, and drive such initiatives.
- Regularly vet processes to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, potential risks, and identify / implement solutions.