We love generalists at Equidate. We optimize for clever and relentless people, who thrive when their roles and responsibilities are evolving and growing. It's proved very effective for us -- we've tripled our team and more than 10xed our volume in the last 2 years.
Many of our candidates come from experience at a startup, law firm, financial services firm, or consulting firm, but we welcome people from any high-performance environment.
The Analyst / Associate role will leverage the overall business team. Our analyst and associate needs span the gamut from data analysis, to financial analysis, to client outreach and engagement. The ideal candidate would be very flexible and determined to chip in wherever there is need.
We are expecting 1-5 years of prior experience for this role.
- Thorough, with a very high attention to detail
- Determination to contribute and add value
- Openness to put in the work -- not in terms of hours, but in terms of quality of output, and team contribution
Example Responsibilities: Data & Analysis
- Collaborate with external data providers and internal knowledge base to continue developing and expanding Equidate intellectual property.
- Work with engineering team to automate data collection and processing.
- Regularly update database of financing history, work closely with thought leadership & marketing team on news/press-worthy events, insight pieces, collaborations, etc.
- Create iterations on quality of data and insight on platform – e.g., new frameworks to enable discovery, client segmentation, analysis of macro, industry and sector trends.
Example responsibilities: client support / deal operations support
- Support business development and deal operations team in the deal process -- everything to get transactions from indication ("I want to buy / sell X") to closed (documents signed and wired).
- Manage deal flow and indications of interest, provide market color to buyers and sellers.
- Cater to and grow inbound and outbound relationships and inquiries.
- Help maintain up-to-date records and documentation for all transaction processes, and ensure appropriate flow of funds.
- Help compile closing packet for compliance records at the end of each transaction / closing batch.