Established in 2005, Epic River is a high-growth software company headquartered in Northern Colorado that provides solutions for the financial services and healthcare industries. We infuse innovation, alternative approaches and highly efficient software to help banks and credit unions create a user experience superior to that of marketplace and peer-to-peer lenders. Our commitment to utilize the lowest cost of capital and remove all unnecessary overhead from the loan process enables us to help everyone make the best possible financial decision when borrowing money.
Epic River gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, high-energy team who has a passion for building stellar products while expanding their knowledge on the latest technologies. Our founders have world-class experience developing innovative financial and healthcare products from the ground up and bringing them to market. Our work environment is open and collaborative with very few meetings so you can focus on the fun stuff like design and development while learning new things everyday-- and occasionally busting your co-workers chops.
We’re a small company that’s seen a lot of success because we’re nimble and can adjust quickly to a changing market. And we have a lot of fun doing it.
You really need to check this out.
Here’s what we’re looking for from you as Epic River’s Quality Assurance Analyst:
You are a detail-oriented person who takes pride in completing tasks correctly and on time. You often find yourself critiquing everyday processes and products you come in contact with to promote the best experience possible. Your approachable nature and delivery of constructive criticism makes friends, colleagues, and team members value your feedback and seek out conversations with you.
We are counting on you to define and execute testing activities to ensure product quality. You will make sure quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
- Review epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and user interface design to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities
- Identify, record, track, and document software defects
- Perform thorough regression testing prior to release
- Exploratory testing during release cycles to ensure on-time releases
- Ultimate accountability for product quality
- Provide feedback on all aspects of product testing to ensure the continuous improvement of the product test plans and test cases, as well as Epic River's testing processes
Here’s what you bring:
- A high attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently as well as with the team
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Self-motivation and desire to deliver on-time and exceptionally high quality products and user experiences
- The ability to thoroughly follow instructions as well as the ability to think through a software interface as a user to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Desire to learn how automated testing scripts are written and executed
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Automated testing tools such as Selenium, AutoIt, Appium
- Load testing and performance measurement like JMeter
- Working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Design and development of automation scripts using open source tools
- Performance and security testing
One of your most compelling traits is your passion to join a team of ambitious technologists to create awesome products and drive growth for the company. You are self-driven with a need to constantly expand your knowledge.