At EON, we believe blockchain networks have tremendous potential to bring transformative changes to our lives. We’re on a mission to secure the infrastructure for open blockchain networks. We achieve this by building secure, scalable and easy to use platforms that help users participate in governing open blockchain networks. We are looking to expand our team with motivated and smart people, who can move fast without breaking things and have fun along the way.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Systems Security Engineer to join the team and lead security initiatives.
An ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Review system architectures and perform vulnerability testing and sign-off before making the features live.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls during intrusions and system compromises.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Having CISSP, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC certifications get bonus points.