Salary range: 140k-170k Compensation
What we need
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, Senior MySQL DBA to join our team. In this role, you’ll be involved in progressively improving our existing database infrastructure and making recommendations on new technology.
We have a number of different projects going on and that’s why we are looking for someone senior.
- Building out our clustered environment
- Database upgrades - 5.7 to 8
- Data sharding / archiving
- Database schema subsetting/trimming for sanitized test and developer instances
- Optimizing usage of our slave nodes
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Manage all primary and replica databases across our data centers
- Participate in database designs, monitoring, optimization and maintenance issues
- Take a lead role in our DWH strategic initiative
- Document policies, process, and procedures
- Implement best practices
- Assist the dev teams as needed
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Experience with MySQL Databases administration (everything from scripting, best practices, systems configurations, tuning and optimization, and backups, restores, data dumps, etc)
- Knowledge of HA/DR design considerations for MySQL database systems
- The willingness to participate in the evaluation and implementation of new DBA tools /solutions
- You should be comfortable in a Linux environment. Financial/trading or investment environments is a huge plus.
- It would also help if you have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Be able to work onsite in Chicago. We’re right inside the Revival Food Hall.
You are a great fit if:
We think you are a great fit if you like technology, like to get things done without people asking and enjoy a collaborative, laid back environment. You could work at many awesome companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role. You are knowledgeable, care about the details, and like to learn new things. Also, you like food.