Our software helps homeowners and business owners increase their energy efficiency, addressing a major source of energy waste in this country. EnergySavvy is making a positive impact on the world and we’re looking for a Client Engagement Manager (CEM) to lead and support strategic services engagements for our clients as part of our Customer Experience Transformation (CXT) practice.
Our customer base faces a wide range of operational, organizational and regulatory challenges. You will be responsible for identifying these challenges, defining creative and practical solutions, and leading the successful implementation of the solutions on behalf of our customers. As a CXT CEM, you will use your Industry-based operational skills to work closely with senior leadership and individual contributors to quickly establish credibility and conduct complex, database analysis and design customer-facing processes that will impact the business and improve customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for defining and quantifying industry best practices, communicating and building consensus for your recommendations across entire organizations and bringing this knowledge back into EnergySavvy to help drive the future of our products and services. Success requires extensive operational (or comparable) experience, ability to work in highly ambiguous environments and confidence to command an audience of diverse (and often divided) stakeholders to a solution.
Our client engagement team’s background includes deep industry expertise, technical project management and software implementation consulting. We hire great people with strengths in these fields, but we also make bets on promising up-and-comers that have shown success in other fields.
As a CXT Client Engagement Manager, you will:
- Work with our Sales team and customers to identify and qualify service opportunities
- Define, scope, structure and estimate costs for service projects
- Lead and support strategy and service engagements including defining project methodologies, developing taxonomies and prioritization approaches, conducting external research and design for operating models
- Conduct extensive analysis of complex operational data sets and use the result to generate insights, process improvements and compelling business cases for organizational and process changes
- Proactively communicate with customers
- Effectively map customer needs/problems to compelling software-enabled solutions
- Work across organizational boundaries to demonstrate best practices and expertise on behalf of customers
- Document effective methodologies and deliverables for project re-use, enabling the Customer Experience Transformation practice to scale
- Provide mentoring and cross-training to junior team members to expand expertise
- Triage, structure, research and solve day-to-day questions from customers while teaching them to be more independent
- Collaborate with marketers, product managers, developers and customers to design complex solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology-related discipline
- 5-10 years of relevant experience either in the utility industry or similar (banking, government, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects or varying scopes with customers across the country
- Patient, communicative, great teammate that is detail-oriented and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude
- Vigorous communication skills
- Fluency with Windows and Mac operating systems and web technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%, as needed
Nice to Have:
- Relevant experience in software implementation and strategy services
- Experience in Utilities Operations (Technical Support, Field Support, etc.)
- Experience leading mid-sized (3-8 resources) teams to deliver excellent results on ambitious schedules
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. More than 30 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. As such, we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.