We're looking for an empathic software developer for EnergySavvy's Engineering team. Our software helps electric and gas utilities modernize and improve customer experiences as the energy industry undergoes a period of fundamental transformation. You'll be a good fit if you care more about using software to provide great energy-efficiency experiences and solve real business problems than you do about wringing the last bit of efficiency out of a loop.
Our Engineers work in rapid iterations, solving the complex problems that come with the challenge of making homes and business more energy efficient. They configure and build on top of our ecosystem of core products in a modern web stack, with a strong focus on usability and quality. To give you a sense of our favorite technologies, our team works with Django, Flask, React, Spark, Git/GitLab, and PostgreSQL, but we don't expect you to walk in the door knowing them.
- You can be part of team where you have real impact on the product and you have daily access to the management team
- We're dedicated to bringing the results, processes, and passion often seen in successful consumer software to the enterprise software space
- You'll work with a fantastic set of tools and a powerful product to fit the unique needs of our clients. This ranges from workflow configuration, to UI customization, to integrating with third party services and when all else fails, creatively pragmatic hacks
- Were a Software-as-a-Service company that cares deeply about our customers and our product
- We've been recognized as one of Washington's Best Workplaces (and are setting our sights on Massachusetts)!
- Passionate about learning web technologies, and have experience with modern engineering techniques (source control, automated testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- Attention to detail and a knack for understanding how business requirements drive technical solutions
- Strong communication skills, active listener, superb verbal and writing skills
- An ethic of service and a desire to use your technical skills and aptitude to improve how ordinary people interact with software to do their work
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. More than 30 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because its a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. As such, we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.