Real estate is the largest asset class in the world—and yet it has also been one of the slowest to adopt innovative, new technologies. It has become increasingly important for the industry to evolve alongside a consumer-base who are accustomed to mobile-first, on-demand, and personalized experiences in every area of their lives. Founded in 2018, Endpoint emerged from a collaboration between First American and BCG Digital Ventures, the venture capital arm of the Boston Consulting Group. The new company combines First American’s title and settlement expertise, with the innovative approach of an agile technology company, to provide a seamless real estate closing from start to finish. At Endpoint, we believe the combination of modern technology, a standardized and simplified closing process, and a highly dedicated team of people will completely change the industry – and deliver an experience that instills the joy of an effortless close for all.
Endpoint is looking for someone who….
Possesses a thorough understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the real estate title and settlement process. The ideal candidate must be able to manage and prioritize multiple files with a sense of urgency in order to meet deadlines and be able to work under minimal supervision. Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills are required. A working knowledge of multiple states is a plus.
As a Title Officer , you will use your skills to:
Review search packages for accuracy; perform any additional searches for all documents affecting property according to standard underwriting guidelines
- Examine chain of title; identify problems and note requirements for correcting title; determine requirements and exceptions for issuing title commitments.
- Review title objection letters, endorsement requests, lender closing instructions and other correspondence and amend commitments as appropriate.
- Request over limit approvals according to company and underwriter guidelines.
- Approve surveys and subdivision plats and declarations to determine insurability, as needed
- Properly prices commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using appropriate schedule of fees and charges.
- Receive and respond to customer inquiries. Provide technical expertise to customer inquiries adhering to company and underwriting guidelines without assistance from manager.
- Consult with customers for verification of facts and details involving the property; take responsibility for exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Provide thorough explanations and alternatives regarding title issues to both internal and external customers.
- Serve as a mentor to others on the team by providing technical guidance and answers to questions.
- Provide support to all other job positions when necessary.
You’ll Come to Endpoint with:
- 3-5 years title experience
- With at least 2 years as Title Officer
- Communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong detail orientation
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
Why work at Endpoint
You will have a lot of responsibility and many opportunities to advance your career as we grow
You will get first-hand experience of working for a well funded early stage startup
Your hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued
We offer great benefits - Health, Dental, Vision and 401K match
Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Endpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.