POC - James
Rate - $65/hr.
Duration – Mar 5th – Aug 31st
Interview Process – Resume Submittal -> Internal PS -> Client Interview (in person)
Roles & Responsibilities: As Senior Associate, Software Quality Assurance Test Developer at Sapient Global Markets you will help to realize software quality assurance by streamlining testing with a strong set of development skills and automation tools. You will collaborate closely with business and development as part of the practices defined by Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD). You will use your QA mindset and developer skills to drive testing of software solutions in the financial and commodities industry. You will play a variety of roles including conceptualization of quality assurance and test plans, hands-on development of the java technology stack to support Gherkin/Cucumber based tests, implementing test automation and creating “how-to” documents for business under supervision as part of a larger project.
• Responsible for planning, estimating and developing java based test automation using ATDD/BDD tools.
• Participating in requirements gathering sessions with business to help define acceptance test criteria.
• Collaborating closely with developers to enhance testing through in-depth understanding of the system and source code under test.
• Configuring and scheduling test automation within a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
• Driving the complete quality assurance engagement in a project, ensuring quality assurance best practices are followed.
• Creating automated test cases based on client documentation, execute and report defects, daily test status as well as overall testing status.
• Setting-up of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc).
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
• Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking.
• Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.).
• Significant hands-on experience in solution design in the development of automated tests leveraging advanced Java 1.5 or above using ATDD/BDD tools such Cucumber, JBehave or Concordiant.
• Experience writing acceptance tests using the Gherkin language.
• Experience in the development of units tests leveraging frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, JMock, xmlUnit, dbUnit and other xUnit tools.
• Experience in build & release frameworks like Ant, Maven, CI tools like Jenkins, writing SQL, using IDE’s such as Eclipse and source code repositories such as SVN.
• Experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network etc.)
• Excellent problem-solving skills.