POC - James
Rate - $65/hr.
Duration – Mar 5th – Aug 31st
Interview Process – Resume Submittal -> Internal PS -> Client Interview (in person)
Role & Responsibilities - The Sr. DevOps Engineer responsible to work and collaborate closely with our software engineering, architecture and operations teams. The ideal candidates will use their system and networking knowledge to help maintain systems healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. He/she will be responsible for business systems (including development, test, UAT and production) which includes problem management, capacity planning, monitoring, and alert management for services. Key focus areas for this role are service availability, resiliency, service quality, capacity management, cost of ownership, end-user performance, and architectural scalability.
- Experienced software developers who are experts in a variety of open source technologies, currently including Python and/or DevOps (specifically Chef & Puppet).
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- CI/CD toolkit (Jenkins, Sonar, Git, Nexus etc.)
- Strong background in configuring and deploying services on Linux/Unix
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS)
- Linux and Open Source Software experience highly desirable
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with cloud based RDBMS (AWD RDS)
- Expert level with installation/configuration automation and scripting (shell, Perl, Python, VBscript and/or Ruby etc.)
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.com
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with deploying and scaling web services on virtual infrastructure, experience with messaging infrastructure (TIBCO, ActiveMQ)
- Experience running large-scale production cloud fleets on Rackspace, AWS or other providers using configuration management and other modern methodologies
- A strong background in internet service architectures and a deep understanding of underlying technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, web servers, caching, relational & nosql databasesc