Empower is a dynamic and fast-growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. Empower takes pride in delivering a broad list of quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investment in people and technology.
Our leadership understands the basis of Empower’s success is our people. Our diverse, innovative culture is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a former start-up company and a culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
About the Job:
The Purchasing department is often referred to as the "backbone" of the company, as several other key departments are dependent on those of Purchasing for their day to day operations. The primary function of the purchasing department is material procurement of chemical, supplies, laboratory equipment and other required products. Purchases may be for stock, backorders or company use. The Purchasing Specialist is directly responsible for sourcing, procuring, and purchasing chemicals and MRO supplies "on-time" and best value. In addition to the purchasing function, time will be spent involved with accounting and accounts payable functions. This will include but not limited to payment of invoices, QuickBooks account reconciliations and cost center analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Source and search chemicals and MRO supplies to drive down costs
- Obtain current pricing and availability of material
- Assure supply for new and existing products, including negotiations on behalf of the company
- Verify that all specifications, C of A’s, expiry, or retest dates falling within the parameters of our quality assurance requirements
- Return and receive credit for non-compliant material
- Initiate and resolve freight claims for overages, shortages, damaged and lost freight
- Survey minimum stock levels and sales orders, anticipate future sales forecasts and maintain limited safety stock without unnecessary impact on cash flows or purchase commitments
- Review sales history and inventory of key items with high turnover rate to assure material is in stock
- Initiate product specification and /or price changes as appropriate
- Advise sales of delays. These activities are aided by running backorder and aging reports, communicating via e-mail, purchasing memos, expeditor reports
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Record payment of invoices via the appropriate method, and or sets them as outstanding to pay based on negotiated terms
- Maintain historical records by filing documents in paper and electronic form
- Other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; three to five years related experience and/or training preferred; Equivalent combination of education and industry experience will be considered
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Chemical and or Biology (Physical Sciences) preferred. Ability to understand scientific terms, unit of measurements and scientific jargon and specifications. Experience in reviewing qualitative reports, familiar with IR, UV, and NMR spectrum analysis. Familiar with and/ or direct experience with Pharmaceuticals/ GMP/ FDA/ CFR210 & 211 and ISO environment.
- Possess a proficient ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and other document or presentations. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the internet as a sourcing tool
- Demonstrate the ability to make use of spreadsheets to calculate discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, areas and other data, able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or a similar program.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to make decisions based on data given
- Experience building and maintaining vendor relationships
- Experience with ERP and accounting software
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Program-Company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to develop your skills with a growing organization
Job Type: Full time