Empower is a dynamic and fast-growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. Empower takes pride in delivering a broad list of quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the outdated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investment in people and technology.
Our leadership understands the basis of Empower’s success is our people. Our diverse, innovative culture is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a former start-up company and a culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Facilities Technician (2nd shift) is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all production and building systems; including, but not limited to, production automation, appliances, and building equipment. This position responds to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action and completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. The Facilities Technician (2nd shift) reports to the Facility Manager.
This Facilities Technician is a 2nd Shift position, starting at 2 or 3 pm to 11 pm or midnight. There may be cases where this person is asked to work the morning shift, as needed.
What does the Facilities Technician do?
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including maintaining /managing building equipment and systems (e.g. HVAC equipment and electrical systems) and performing production equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Daily responsibilities will include emergency and preventative maintenance on any facility system and assisting manufacturing technicians (MT) with process and machinery repairs and improvements
- Develop proactive maintenance schedules and work procedures with the facility manager and ensure all necessary parts and tools are available for maintenance
- Maintains daily equipment inspections
- Promptly respond to requests for repairs and work orders and include parts and inventory used
- Solve technical issues by identifying root cause(s) and identifying both short-term and long-term countermeasure
- Inspects the quality of third party and/or MT repairs.
- Responsible for inventory control, ordering of replacement parts, tools, and supplies through purchasing. Conducts physical parts inventories
- Records and documents working history on all equipment for facilities and engineering
- Leads non-supervisory employees and other staff that may include contractors, consultants, and/or temporary employees
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Ability to perform under limited supervision
- Requires a flexible work schedule which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Effective communications skills are required
- Personal Computer (PC) skills
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degree or trade school preferred. Previous military experience valued.
- 2 - 4 years of facilities maintenance experience, with a focus in equipment operations and preventative maintenance procedures, preferably in a GMP regulated environment.
- Organized, self-starter with above average problem solving ability.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Previous experience with maintaining/managing equipment; both building and production.
- Have knowledge of single and three-phase electrical systems, electrical control systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems; including air compressors, HVAC systems, boilers, and water/air cooled chillers
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience in performing NIST Calibration
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools/equipment: such as hand drill, forklift, and scissor lift
- Ability to read electrical schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with PCs and Windows software.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Job Type: Full-time