Empower Pharmacy is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We are focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by offering efficient solutions that disrupt antiquated pharmaceutical models. We believe in providing world class customer service to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investment in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of our company’s success is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The primary purpose of the Data Entry Pharmacy Technician is to provide support services in entering new orders into the pharmacy's computer system in an efficient and timely manner.
- Accurately type new orders
- Possess complete and thorough understanding of medications
- Ability to read and understand prescriber orders for compounded medications
- Maintain production standards and levels
- Perform other work-related duties as deemed appropriate by pharmacist on duty
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be a Certified Pharmacy Technician or Trainee
- One year of pharmacy experience preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Able to read, write, and speak English Fluently
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and be able to compute rate, ration, and percentage
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Demonstrate ability to work on your own, and in a team to accomplish given tasks
- Must by able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
Position Type: Part time and Full Time