Empower Pharmacy has become a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry by providing high-quality compounded sterile preparations that serve patients and healthcare providers. Our brand new 15,000 sq ft manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas, is licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an Outsourcing Facility to provide high-quality sterile preparations nationwide.
With an uncompromising dedication to quality, we compound medications in a state-of-the-art facility that surpasses industry standards. Empower Pharmacy’s service is focused on the daily compounding/admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of medications with uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compounding a broad range of patient and non-patient specific drugs.
We are looking for positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic people with strict attention to detail, analytical skills and a pleasant demeanor. Quality, dependable people with a strong work ethic and a teamwork approach. You'll have a healthy work-life balance and enjoy a working with a collaborative team. With a true quality mindset, Empower Pharmacy offers the opportunity to put your footprint on something you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of aseptic filling
- Lead, structure, and plan the management of aseptic filling to achieve company goals for product quality, on-time delivery, effective inventory management and manufacturing productivity
- Effectively manage, train, and motivate all direct and indirect subordinates to maximize the overall productivity of operations
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth work flow between all functions. Keeps priority on key metrics related to service levels, deviations/CAPA, other operational efficiencies, inventory/distribution metrics, capital/resource utilization and for resolving conflicts
- Ensure facility is maintained in a constant state of inspection readiness ensuring that all staff are compliant with cGMP and all related elements such as facilities, documentation (SOPs and validation protocols etc.), training, reports, and records
- Directs inventory management, prescription compounding, dispensing processes, supply management and delivery processes
- Ensure safety throughout operations and identify preventative plans to prevent accidents
- Ensuring that all equipment, as proscribed through regulation is available and in good working order
- Provide management with routine updates regarding the productivity and efficiency of operations
- Initiate recommendations on purchasing of new equipment and improvements
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and provide coaching and mentorship
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Education / Qualifications / Certifications
- Advanced degree in scientific field
- Previous successful management experience is required
- 5 to 7 years of direct experience; manufacturing, management
Job Type: Full-time