Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for overseeing all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities to ensure products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of aseptic filling
- Lead, structure, and plan the management of aseptic filling to achieve company goals for product quality, on-time delivery, effective inventory management and manufacturing productivity
- Effectively manage, train, and motivate all direct and indirect subordinates to maximize the overall productivity of operations
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth work flow between all functions. Keeps priority on key metrics related to service levels, deviations/CAPA, other operational efficiencies, inventory/distribution metrics, capital/resource utilization and for resolving conflicts
- Ensure facility is maintained in a constant state of inspection readiness ensuring that all staff are compliant with cGMP and all related elements such as facilities, documentation (SOPs and validation protocols etc.), training, reports, and records
- Directs inventory management, prescription compounding, dispensing processes, supply management and delivery processes
- Ensure safety throughout operations and identify preventative plans to prevent accidents
- Ensuring that all equipment, as proscribed through regulation is available and in good working order
- Provide management with routine updates regarding the productivity and efficiency of operations
- Initiate recommendations on purchasing of new equipment and improvements
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and provide coaching and mentorship
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- Advanced degree in scientific field
- Previous successful management experience is required
- 5 to 7 years of direct experience; manufacturing, management
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: Full time exempt