Empower Pharmacy is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We are focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by offering efficient solutions that disrupt antiquated pharmaceutical models. We believe in providing world class customer service to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investment in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of our company’s success is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Visual Inspector is a full-time, entry level position. Each Visual Inspector is responsible for inspecting products post-production to measure the characteristics of materials and ensure they conform to strict specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs visual product inspection for defects, leaks, and particulates
- AQL visual inspection of finished product.
- Affix/remove disposition labels on the drug product containers
- Label of finished product
- Document and compete expired and rejected drug disposal
- Keep inspection/labeling room clean and organized
- Participate and/or facilitate training as assigned by Supervisor
- Support internal and external audits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and other regulatory compliance regulations and standards
- Labeling processes and techniques
- Principles of mathematical and statistical computations
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma required
- Experience in a pharmaceutical biotech industry preferred
- Laboratory experience preferred
- Must have 20/20 vision with or without the use of corrective lenses
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: Full-time