Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The HR Manager oversees HR programs and processes for all of Empower Pharmacy. Major areas of responsibility include: Benefits, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, HRIS, Compliance and Compensation. This position is supported by an HR Generalist and reports to the Director of Talent Development.
- Oversee the development and implementation of HR strategies that positively impact business results and support Empower’s mission and strategic vision
- Develop and execute company-wide people initiatives, programs, campaigns and announcements that drive engagement, culture, and Diversity & Inclusion
- Utilize ADP TotalSource while preparing company to exit PEO relationship
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and innovative
- Internal Consultant to functional group managers regarding employee relations issues
- Provide and oversee an effective performance management program
- Maintain and further develop handbooks, policies, and other appropriate and necessary documents, such as summary benefits plan descriptions
- Partner with Recruiting Manager for overall strategy and HR Compliance
- Partner with Facility Manager on Health and Safety Issues
- Participate in the selection of an HRIS system and oversee implementation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work collaboratively and ablilty to demonstrate effective teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities while coordinating multiple job tasks
- Must be a self-starter and results-driven
- Ablilty to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Bachelor Degree required. Prefer concentration in HR Management or Business.
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources Management/Leadership experience
- Expertise in administering employee benefits programs
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law and practices, organizational planning, employee relations and performance management
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization