Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The primary purpose of the Pharmacy Technician is to provide support services in preparing, packaging, and dispensing pharmaceuticals. The pharmacy technician will also enter new orders into pharmacy computer system as well as provide customer service to patients.
- Assists the pharmacist in preparing and dispensing prescription orders.
- Perform all pharmacy duties: accurately refill previous orders, type new orders, dispense medication and maintain pharmacy records.
- Possess complete and thorough understanding of all of our medications and operations.
- Ability to reading and understand physician’s orders for compounded medications.
- Label and fill prescription bottles with prescribed tablets, capsules or medication vials.
- Checks pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed medication and supplies; placing and expediting orders; removing outdated drugs; putting away drugs throughout the day in an orderly manner to assure shelves are kept organized.
- Must maintain production standards and reviewing work.
- Performs other work-related duties as deemed appropriate by pharmacist on duty.
- Helps healthcare providers and patients by greeting them in person or by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiring to pharmacist or sales representatives.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must by able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- High school diploma or GED. College education preferred but not required
- Must be willing to register with Texas Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee
- One year of pharmacy experience or healthcare related experience preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Able to read, write, and speak English Fluently
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and being able to compute rate, ration, and percent
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: Full time non-exempt