Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Empower Pharmacy is seeking a Graphic Designer who will help conceptualize and deliver a cohesive brand experience for various products and marketing campaigns. This role will also work with other departments such as Sales, Marketing and Information Technology to deliver a consistent brand look and feel for marketing materials, packaged products, and digital experiences. The ideal candidate for this position must be creative and someone who understands how to motivate their team to produce their best work everyday. This individual loves to get his or her hands dirty to help ensure the success of each project. He or she is methodological in his or her deliverables and constructs well-planned templates, wireframes and storyboards. The work created should be cohesive and modular with future consistency in mind.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and link to an online portfolio to your application.
- Passionate about design and content, you favor collaboration, and demand the best from yourself and your team
- Produce wireframes, mockups, 3D renderings and physical samples to convey and iterate over concepts and ideas before a final project draft is produced
- Photograph products for use in printed materials, online, and through social media outlets; manage organization of files
- Ensure graphics and art are aligned with brand aesthetics
- Produce packaging graphics and type setting according to company standards
- Design print literature including magazine ads, point of sale materials, packaging, catalogs, lookbooks, and training materials; prepare and revise files for production process
- Package files for print & digital projects, review proofs, and attend press checks
- Multi-task and work on multiple projects per day, balancing speed with quality of work
- Collaborate with vendors and packaging engineers to validate CADs, samples and print proofs
- Experience designing long brochures, training docs, websites, other print and digital collateral
Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years experience required, preferably in visual design
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficient with ICC color profile differences with the ability to choose between sRGB and CMYK where appropriate.
- Photography and video production
- 3D Modeling and Animation
- 2D Vector Illustration (Adobe Illustrator paths using special drawing hardware. Inkscape and SVG knowledge a plus.)
- Conference and trade show experience design a plus
- Online and mobile application experience design a plus
- CSS and HTML knowledge a plus
- Well versed in large format printing mediums, coloring issues, cutting and folding techniques
- Product package design
- Experience with managing your own projects
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: Fulltime exempt