Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Janitorial Specialist responsible for maintaining the overall appearance of the facility by performing general cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Reports to the Facilities Manager for specific tasks to be performed on a given day
- Empty, clean all waste receptacles, and remove waste paper and rubbish from the premises to designated area; damp wipe receptacles as necessary
- Vacuum all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, cubicles, lobbies, corridors and entrances.
- Hand dust and wipe clean all furniture, fixtures, paneling, windowsills, and all other hardtop surfaces
- Damp wipe and polish all glass furniture tops, as well as removing all fingerprints and other markings on all vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Wash, clean and disinfect all water coolers, sinks and countertops
- Clean and disinfect all restrooms (sinks, toilets, countertops, floors, mirrors, etc.)
- Replace bathroom sanitary supplies and maintain ample inventory
- Sweep, with broom, all private stairways, and vacuum if carpeted
- Damp dust all ceiling air conditioning diffusers, wall registers and other ventilation
- Dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures
- Wipe clean and polish all metal hardware fixtures and other bright work
- Clean entrance door glass inside and outside
- Sweep, dust mop or damp mop floors and entrance areas
- Keep cleaning closets/rooms in a clean, neat, and orderly condition, while ensuring all supplies are adequately maintained and laundered as necessary
- Occasionally assist with some maintenance tasks
- Scrubbing, waxing and polishing of hard floor surfaces may be required
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional customer service, being polite and courteous with employees at all times
- Ability to follow specific instructions and take direction
- Track record of finishing assigned tasks effectively within limited time
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition with knowledge of modern cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Experience with use of cleaning equipment such as vacuum, broom, and mop as well as knowledge of what cleaning products are appropriate for specific surfaces.
- Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Cleaning, Janitorial or Porter position
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: Full time non-exempt