The Research and Development Manager will lead the overall formulation strategy for Empower drug candidates. As the pipeline progresses, this is a unique opportunity to lead formulation development and commercial drug product manufacturing. An excellent opportunity for a science-focused, hands-on technical leader to develop formulations.
Empower Pharmacy has become a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry by providing high-quality compounded sterile preparations that serve patients and healthcare providers. Our brand new 15,000 sq ft manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas, is licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an Outsourcing Facility to provide high-quality sterile preparations nationwide.
With an uncompromising dedication to quality, we compound medications in a state-of-the-art facility that surpasses industry standards. Empower Pharmacy’s service is focused on the daily compounding/admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of medications with uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compounding a broad range of patient and non-patient specific drugs.
We are looking for positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic people with strict attention to detail, analytical skills and a pleasant demeanor. Quality, dependable people with a strong work ethic and a teamwork approach. You'll have a healthy work-life balance and enjoy a working with a collaborative team. With a true quality mindset, Empower Pharmacy offers the opportunity to put your footprint on something you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the development and manufacturing of all new oral, injectable, and IV formulations (sterile and non-sterile) to support robust commercial products
- Responsible for executing all research and development studies through in-house efforts
- Research, investigate, and develop original techniques of compounding and making available for use new drugs
- Coordinates closely with Operations and Quality leadership to ensure development activities align with established company systems and long term commercial scale manufacturing requirements
- Transfers knowledge to operations and quality teams for successful commercialization
- Coordinate with operations to manage scale-up, process development and validation
- Plan, manage and complete technical projects and activities necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems
- Creatively link formulation and/or product science and technology opportunities to the needs of the business through development and transfer of new products from idea to commercialization, transfer technologies from bench/pilot to manufacturing scale and successfully implement proprietary and differentiated technical solutions;
- Manage the identification, assessment and development of enabling technology/delivery form platforms to enable meaningfully unique confectionary delivery of current and future ingredients/bioactives;
- Collect, analyze, interpret, draw conclusions and make recommendations from data to enable technical execution of projects, modify methodologies to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of data
- Design, conduct and document stability testing protocols to recommend and support product dating
- Develop enabling formulation approaches
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic view as well as hands on problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently to manage work tasks effectively
- Must be detail oriented and possess high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work effectively across all levels
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities while coordinating multiple job tasks
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Must be self-starter and results-driven
- Must possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Sensitivity to confidential documents and information
- Advanced degree in Science, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy, or related field
- 5-7 years related experience
- Previous successful management experience is required
- Expertise in USP, cGMP, FDA guidelines
Job Type: Full-time