Empower is a high octane, fast growing, 503A and 503B Compounding Pharmacy based in Houston, TX. We focus on delivering first class healthcare products at competitive prices by utilizing disruptive technologies and best management practices. Empower not only strives to provide world class customer service and delivery processes to its patients but also ensure its patients’ safety by adhering to the most strict manufacturing practices. Empower currently has the growth trajectory of a silicon valley startup with the exception that the company is profitable. The company’s current culture is that of well funded startup. As such, Empower is now looking to build its new internal software to manage its high growth and is looking to create its internal application development team. Since the company is building its applications from the ground up, there is no need to deal with legacy code.
Employees can look forward to competitive pay and growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute full stack software development
- Write well-designed, readable, and testable code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Familiar with Restful APIs
- Develop software validation plans, quality assurance procedures and write test cases.
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Implement software data models and UI to meet design specifications and criteria
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure underlying production software stack is up to update and stable
- Have at least eight (8) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Have at least eight (8) years of experience as a Software engineer developing software developing software with high level languages such as Java and C# (C# Preferred).
- Have at least five (5) years experience developing software for Windows Server and various OS clients.
- Shall have experience in the design and development of Object Oriented software using popular software design patterns.
- Have in-depth knowledge of relational databases and their limitations.
- Shall have DevOps experience in managing and monitoring mission critical software deployments.
- Have at least two (2) years experience in software integration and software testing techniques such as unit testing, user-story/use-case testing and vulnerability penetration testing.
- Understand technical writing and have familiarity with notable technical literature in terms of designing and developing scalable and reliable big data systems.
- Have fluency in the following skills and must demonstrate experience in the following technologies ( bold required )
Skills: Front End User Interface (UI) Development, Middle-Tier Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Data Modeling, DevOps, Source Version Control and Continuous Integration.