Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician is responsible for safely handling and inspecting components and compounded products in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Documents in a timely manner all tasks requiring written records as specified in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Sterile Compounding pharmacy technicians follow strict safety and privacy procedures given the sensible information and products they handle on a daily basis.
- Ensure that compounded sterile products are measured, diluted, mixed, compounded, sterilized, filled, sealed, labeled, stored, and tested based on standard procedures and protocols.
- Calculation of ingredients.
- Prepare dosage medications for dispensing into vials and/or unit dose packaging.
- Inspects intermediate and finished product as required.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of the clean room and equipment.
- Monitor clean room environment.
- Perform surface and air sampling.
- Maintains a smooth flow of production and monitors equipment as assigned.
- Assist in preparing and dispensing medication under direct supervision of Pharmacist.
- Assist with production and staff schedule.
- Manage inventory and order supplies.
- This is a security-sensitive position as the incumbent will inspect, label and package controlled substances and therefore will be subject to periodic drug screen per company policy.
Knowledge & Skills
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Preferred working knowledge of cGMPs and regulatory requirements as well as all applicable SOPs.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and that absences are appropriately communicated and approved in advance.
- Must be capable of wearing all protective wear as required by State Board of Pharmacy. This includes, but not limited to; mask, gloves, gown, hairnet, safety goggles etc.
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- High school Diploma or GED from recognized institution or organization
- Current TX technician license
- Knowledge of IV sterile compounding regulations such as USP, cGMP, and state regulation.
- Two years of experience with compound sterile products
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Position Type: full time non-exempt