The Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician is responsible for safely handling and inspecting components and compounded products in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Empower Pharmacy has become a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry by providing high-quality compounded sterile preparations that serve patients and healthcare providers. Our brand new 15,000 sq ft manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas, is licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an Outsourcing Facility to provide high-quality sterile preparations nationwide.
With an uncompromising dedication to quality, we compound medications in a state-of-the-art facility that surpasses industry standards. Empower Pharmacy’s service is focused on the daily compounding/admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of medications with uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compounding a broad range of patient and non-patient specific drugs.
We are looking for positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic people with strict attention to detail, analytical skills and a pleasant demeanor. Quality, dependable people with a strong work ethic and a teamwork approach. You'll have a healthy work-life balance and enjoy a working with a collaborative team. With a true quality mindset, Empower Pharmacy offers the opportunity to put your footprint on something you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Documents in a timely manner all tasks requiring written records as specified in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Sterile Compounding pharmacy technicians follow strict safety and privacy procedures given the sensible information and products they handle on a daily basis.
- Ensure that compounded sterile products are measured, diluted, mixed, compounded, sterilized, filled, sealed, labeled, stored, and tested based on standard procedures and protocols.
- Calculation of ingredients.
- Prepare dosage medications for dispensing into vials and/or unit dose packaging.
- Inspects intermediate and finished product as required.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of the clean room and equipment.
- Monitor clean room environment.
- Perform surface and air sampling.
- Maintains a smooth flow of production and monitors equipment as assigned.
- Assist in preparing and dispensing medication under direct supervision of Pharmacist.
- Assist with production and staff schedule.
- Manage inventory and order supplies.
- This is a security-sensitive position as the incumbent will inspect, label and package controlled substances and therefore will be subject to periodic drug screen per company policy.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Preferred working knowledge of cGMPs and regulatory requirements as well as all applicable SOPs.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and that absences are appropriately communicated and approved in advance.
- Must be capable of wearing all protective wear as required by State Board of Pharmacy. This includes, but not limited to; mask, gloves, gown, hairnet, safety goggles etc.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications
- High school Diploma or GED from recognized institution or organization
- Current TX technician license
- Knowledge of IV sterile compounding regulations such as USP, cGMP, and state regulation.
- Two years of experience with compound sterile products
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Services
- Company matching contributions
Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays - 6 days
- Paid Vacation (Initially) - 2 weeks
- Paid Vacation (5 years of service) - 3 weeks
- Paid Vacation (10 years of service or more) - 4 weeks
- Personal and Sick Leave
- Extended Sick Leave
Extended Time Off
- Family Medical Leave
- Disability & Maternal Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty
Job Type: Full-time