Empower Pharmacy has become a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry by providing high-quality compounded sterile preparations that serve patients and healthcare providers. Our brand new 15,000 sq ft manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas, is licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an Outsourcing Facility to provide high-quality sterile preparations nationwide.
With an uncompromising dedication to quality, we compound medications in a state-of-the-art facility that surpasses industry standards. Empower Pharmacy’s service is focused on the daily compounding/admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of medications with uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compounding a broad range of patient and non-patient specific drugs.
We are looking for positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic people with strict attention to detail, analytical skills and a pleasant demeanor. Quality, dependable people with a strong work ethic and a teamwork approach. You'll have a healthy work-life balance and enjoy a working with a collaborative team. With a true quality mindset, Empower Pharmacy offers the opportunity to put your footprint on something you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service support via phone and to walk in customers
- Operate cash register and process payment
- Verify customer information with order details
- Assist with resolving tracking and payment issues
- Ensure that all visitors log in and the appropriate person is notified
- File paperwork
- Navigate multiple internal computer systems
- Assist with restocking supplies in area
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure HIPAA compliance by protecting the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI)
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must by able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work indenpendently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Education / Qualifications / Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree or some college coursework, preferred.
- Customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Services
- Company matching contributions
Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays - 6 days
- Paid Vacation (Initially) - 2 weeks
- Paid Vacation (5 years of service) - 3 weeks
- Paid Vacation (10 years of service or more) - 4 weeks
- Personal and Sick Leave
- Extended Sick Leave
Extended Time Off
- Family Medical Leave
- Disability & Maternal Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty
Job Type: Full-time