Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The pharmacy clerk will be assisting patients with their prescription drop-offs, retrieving prescriptions, inquiries, and the final check-out
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer service support via phone and to walk in customers
- Operate cash register and process payment
- Verify customer information with order details
- Assist with resolving tracking and payment issues
- Ensure that all visitors log in and the appropriate person is notified
- File paperwork
- Navigate multiple internal computer systems
- Assist with restocking supplies in area
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure HIPAA compliance by protecting the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI)
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree or some college coursework, preferred.
- Customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
- Sundays Off
Position Type: Full Time non-exempt