Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Supply Chain Manager will be accountable for the purchasing and handling of all incoming goods to the point of use. The Supply Chain Manager will contribute to, and oversee, the organizational process of receiving, warehouse stock, inventory, purchasing, and more, with a small team of individuals. A hands-on approach will be necessary for the supply chain manager to understand the operational requirements and to ensure success via process creation and implementation.
- Create, implement, and maintain a supply chain process for all incoming goods to accounting and utilization in manufacturing
- Oversee the training, mentoring, and performance of a purchasing/inventory specialist and a warehouse manager/receiver
- Create processes to source out more suppliers based on cost, quality, and timeliness
- Actively participate and lead strategic sourcing initiatives within Empower Pharmacy
- Ensure supply chain management is handled and accounted for from raw material in to final product out
- Create proactive ordering policies to ensure all departments have a sufficient supply of raw material
- Review, advise and execute purchase orders. Create POs when needed
- Automate Purchase Order systems, manual inventory usage, and re-ordering systems
- Utilize analytical software to check usage and inventory metrics
- Provide operational staff dependable raw material and finished product inventory counts to allow for reliable planning and flow
- Implement and organize RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Negotiate long term purchasing agreements with critical suppliers
- Work closely with individual departments to understand customer requirements and assist in providing solutions to specialized customer requests
- Plan and conduct vendor negotiations to achieve cost reductions, provide adequate supplies and secure unique materials
- Develop relationships with potential new suppliers and manufacturers to identify alternate sources of supplies
- Manages the work flow to ensure purchase orders and other inventory control records are properly processed
- Create, train, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to supply chain management
- Manage records of regulatory forms such as tax-exempt forms, COA forms, credit applications, etc. when establishing new relations with companies
- Work with Quality Assurance for vendor qualification, including, but not limited to, Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), RFIs, RFQ, RFPs, vendor qualification status
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws
- Collaborate with other departments engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers
- Work with IT to develop procurement software to seamlessly connect with receiving of material, manufacturing, patient dispensing, and shipping.
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as purchasing specialist/manager for raw API chemicals in the pharmaceutical industry
- Process driven to work with IT
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization