Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute full stack software development
- Write well-designed, readable, and testable code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Familiar with Restful APIs
- Develop software validation plans, quality assurance procedures and write test cases.
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Implement software data models and UI to meet design specifications and criteria
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure underlying production software stack is up to update and stable
- Have at least eight (8) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Have at least eight (8) years of experience as a Software engineer developing software developing software with high level languages such as Java and C# (C# Preferred).
- Have at least five (5) years experience developing software for Windows Server and various OS clients.
- Shall have experience in the design and development of Object Oriented software using popular software design patterns.
- Have in-depth knowledge of relational databases and their limitations.
- Shall have DevOps experience in managing and monitoring mission critical software deployments.
- Have at least two (2) years experience in software integration and software testing techniques such as unit testing, user-story/use-case testing and vulnerability penetration testing.
- Understand technical writing and have familiarity with notable technical literature in terms of designing and developing scalable and reliable big data systems.
- Have fluency in the following skills and must demonstrate experience in the following technologies ( bold required ):
- Skills: Front End User Interface (UI) Development, Middle-Tier Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Data Modeling, DevOps, Source Version Control and Continuous Integration.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Job Type: Full-time Exempt