The Tablet Press Operator is responsible for manufacturing of controlled oral solid dose products according to Master Batch Records.
Empower Pharmacy has become a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry by providing high-quality compounded sterile preparations that serve patients and healthcare providers. Our brand new 15,000 sq ft manufacturing facility located in Houston, Texas, is licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an Outsourcing Facility to provide high-quality sterile preparations nationwide.
With an uncompromising dedication to quality, we compound medications in a state-of-the-art facility that surpasses industry standards. Empower Pharmacy’s service is focused on the daily compounding/admixing, dispensing, and delivery of a variety of medications with uniquely trained and licensed pharmacy personnel compounding a broad range of patient and non-patient specific drugs.
We are looking for positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic people with strict attention to detail, analytical skills and a pleasant demeanor. Quality, dependable people with a strong work ethic and a teamwork approach. You'll have a healthy work-life balance and enjoy a working with a collaborative team. With a true quality mindset, Empower Pharmacy offers the opportunity to put your footprint on something you can be proud of.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the set-up, operation and cleaning a tablet/pellet presses and bulk accountability throughout manufacturing processes
- Identify and report quality issues
- Must be in compliance at all times by following batch records, SOPs and all company policies
- Perform all in-process testing and inspections as required by the Master Batch Record (i.e. weighing, tablet/pellet thickness, tablet/pellet hardness, friability, visual inspection, etc.)
- Cleaning and sanitization of manufacturing rooms including walls, floors, and ceilings per current SOPs
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions or unusual circumstances to supervisor.
- Responsible for following Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and orderly work area at all times
- Other duties, which may be assigned from time to time, by management of the company
- Current GMP training (Strong preference given to current and previous cGMP environment experience)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to document in log books or batch records while performing the job using good documentation practices
- Attention to detail and ability to write and record data legibly and accurately
- Ability to understand and follow Master Batch Records and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate manual pallet jacks to transfer material to designated areas of the warehouse
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED. College education preferred but not required
- Must be registered with Texas Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee
- One year of pharmacy experience or healthcare related experience preferred
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hrs. a day, 4-6 days a week)
- In accordance with FDA regulations (21CFR 211.68), individual must be free from illness that could jeopardize the safety or quality of products. Such illnesses may include, but are not limited to, illnesses that cause bleeding, open lesions, flaking or peeling skin.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Services
- Company matching contributions
Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays - 6 days
- Paid Vacation (Initially) - 2 weeks
- Paid Vacation (5 years of service) - 3 weeks
- Paid Vacation (10 years of service or more) - 4 weeks
- Personal and Sick Leave
- Extended Sick Leave
Extended Time Off
- Family Medical Leave
- Disability & Maternal Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty
Job Type: Full-time