Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Solid Oral Dose Operator is responsible for operating special purpose machines or industrial equipment to specifications on production basis in typical oral solid dose pharmaceutical manufacturing. Processes include weighing of materials, using automatic and semi-automatic equipment for tablet manufacturing, combining materials to make blends and solutions, and packaging of finished product.
- Perform complete and uniform blending of tablet ingredients to ensure a consistent and high quality preparation
- Operate tablet press to produce quality tablets that meet the specifications as outlined in the Master Manufacturing Record (MMR) following current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Adjust equipment setting in order to ensure compliance to product specifications
- Perform all in-process testing and inspections as required by the Master Batch Record (i.e. weighing, tablet/pellet thickness, tablet/pellet hardness, friability, visual inspection, etc.)
- Troubleshoot machine and product related issues; communicate these issues to supervisor/lead
- Identify and report quality issues
- Maintain and record all required documentation
- Cleaning and sanitization of manufacturing rooms including walls, floors, and ceilings per current SOPs
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions or unusual circumstances to supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and orderly work area at all times
- Other duties as assigned in the manufacturing department
Knowledge & Skills
- Current GMP training (Strong preference given to current and previous cGMP environment experience)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to document in log books or batch records while performing the job using good documentation practices
- Attention to detail and ability to write and record data legibly and accurately
- Ability to understand and follow Master Batch Records and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate manual pallet jacks to transfer material to designated areas of the warehouse
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- High school diploma or GED. College education preferred but not required
- One year of pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hrs. a day, 4-6 days a week)
- In accordance with FDA regulations (21CFR 211.68), individual must be free from illness that could jeopardize the safety or quality of products. Such illnesses may include, but are not limited to, illnesses that cause bleeding, open lesions, flaking or peeling skin.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
- Sundays Off
Position Type: Full time non-exempt