Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Non-Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician prepares compounded non-sterile products under the direction of a compounding pharmacist.
- Complete compounding record and other pharmacy records as indicated
- Weigh, measure and mix raw material ingredients, monitor agitation, heating and cooling temperatures, and other parameters to ensure finished batches of creams, gels, capsules and tablets meet specifications
- Transfer materials into properly labeled, safety approved containers
- Clean and sanitize equipment and complete all required documentation to maintain compliance with USP 795 (non-sterile compounding) and company's Quality System
- Prepare labels and picks, and packages prepackaged and unit dose drugs in accordance with the dispensing order (pick-list)
- Prepare and generate batch for preparation of non-sterile mixtures
- Organize assigned workload to facilitate its accomplishments
- Ensure the compounding room and related equipment are cleaned and maintained per organizational policy and procedures.
- Participate with the pharmacist and pharmacy manager in monitoring/maintaining drug inventories and preparing orders for drugs and related supplie
- Participate in department QA activities as requested
- Two years and more experience working as compounding pharmacy technician preferred
- Texas State license as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) or Technician Trainee
- High school diploma or GED
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Prescription Services
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
Job Type: Full-time