Empower is a dynamic and fast growing FDA registered 503A Compounding Pharmacy and 503B Outsourcing Facility based in Houston, Texas. We take immense pride in providing our patients with a broad list of health and wellness products to improve their quality of life. Empower is focused on delivering the finest quality healthcare products at competitive prices by disrupting the antiquated pharmaceutical model. We believe in providing world class customer service and delivery processes to our patients, while ensuring their safety through investing in our people and the latest technologies.
Our leadership understands that the basis of a great company is our people. Our diverse culture is akin to a fast-paced Silicon Valley startup and is the foundation for the company’s broader perspective, to serve the needs of our patients through innovation. Empower is in search of bright, self-motivated professionals who are focused, open-minded, and hard-working. This is your opportunity to be part of a company and culture that will appreciate and leverage your unique talents to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring the proper dispensation, review and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures. The Pharmacist will also provide pharmacy consulting services to customers regarding the effective usage of medications and awareness with drug interactions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries.
- Manages the workflow processes which may include pharmacist verification, labeling/packaging
- Provides counseling to patients regarding their medications, to support appropriate and effective drug use
- Consults with prescribing practitioners to help ensure accurate and appropriate medication use. Reviews medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the State Board of Pharmacy, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration by monitoring unit inspections
- Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach
- Maintains required licenses or certifications in good standing with the State
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient and company needs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- Pharmacy License required
- Licensed and in good standing with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
- 1 year of experience as a Pharmacist (preferably retail setting)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team and organization
- Sundays Off
Position Type: Full time exempt