Emerald Stay is a Swiss tech-enabled hospitality asset management company. To homeowners, we offer an end-to-end solution to monetise their assets in total peace of mind, harnessing the powers of technology, data science and top industry talents. On the other end of our business, we offer a community of global travellers and businesses the intimacy of small premium properties across multiple destinations with Swiss hospitality and local experiences.
Emerald Stay was founded by finance, real estate and hospitality tech professionals, and is backed by influential international investors. We have offices in Geneva and Barcelona.
- Take ownership of all financial controlling and accounting of the company, which is currently handled by a third-party provider
- Establish quarterly management reports and annual consolidated closings
- Oversee the accounting entries and bank reconciliation process, currently handled by a third-party provider, but to be internalized
- Establish monthly, quarterly and yearly fiscal declarations
- Work closely with our in-house technology team in order to automate and optimize processes (e.g. generation of real-time financial KPIs in our homeowner web application, constantly improve our data pipelines, etc.)
- Work closely with leadership team on financial strategy (equity and debt emissions, funds structuring)
- We currently have 4 different legal entities: Switzerland (SA - main holding), France (SARL), Spain (SLU), Morocco (SARL) that each have
- Each legal entity has its own financial closing and consolidate into the Swiss SA holding
- Accounting is made with analytic accounts so that each expense is tagged in the appropriate 1) expense category and 2) property we manage
- Odoo is our main accounting SaaS which operates in Cloud and has an open API
- Payfit is our SaaS for HR/social: payfit establishes payslips and accounting entries for salaries + social
- Mews Systems is our PMS which manages hospitality operations and establishes customer invoices (hospitality revenue and extra services). Mews is connected to Odoo via API
- Stripe is used as a payment gateway (most revenue is paid by credit card).
- PowerBI is our BI tool to get real-time analytics on revenue and expenses per property. PowerBI connects to our Google data warehouse, which itself is connected to our property management software (Mews) and Odoo (for accounting expenses) via API
- Current technology stack: ReactJS, Node, Express framework, PHP, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL
- BS/MS in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience at a top tier firm in an audit or financial controlling position
- Experience working in a team with business-driven goals and shipping MVPs.
- Technology savviness and basic coding knowledge
- Native or fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems and learn from them, a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ideal but not mandatory: french language knowledge, Swiss / French accounting system knowledge
KEY INFORMATION ON THE POSITION
- Office address: Carrer de Paris 207, 5-1, 08008 Barcelona
- Competitive salary based on experience
We offer a work environment that values and empowers people while fostering personal development. Our culture is dictated by the following values:
- Make Mistakes - We foster a creative environment where the best ideas win, where it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
- Question - We don't accept the status quo and look for ways to leverage technology while empowering people.
- Speak Up - We are true people who give honest feedback, who are not afraid to share opinions and who don't talk behind one's back.
- Think Big - While staying humble, we aim for the stars and work towards established goals and metrics.
- Don’t Compromise - We are obsessed with quality, like a Swiss watchmaker.
- Care - We care about our team members, our partners and our clients, and make our passion and our work one and the same.
We are demanding. People have been let go for a lack of performance - everyone really counts at Emerald Stay. In other words, the contractual working time is the least we expect. But keep in mind that we value hard work and give growth opportunities to those who deserve it. We want you to grow with the company.
Feeling aligned? Then we want you on the Emerald Stay team!
Just so you know - our team member perks!
- All-year-round discount of 250€ or 10% off on Emerald stays
- Discount of 50% off on Emerald stays during low season, on selected properties (subject to availability and approval from management)
- Personal training budget of 500€ unlocked on each work anniversary
- 1 workday or 100€ per year for a charity of your choice
- Coaching program for Director level and above from 1st anniversary
- Yearly team off-site
- Occasional team outings
- 10% discount all-year-round in selected hotels in Barcelona, Madrid, London and Paris
- Monthly team lunch (2nd Wednesday of the month)
- Informal drink every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, starting at 6pm just down the office - first round is on us!
- Fruits, Tea & Coffee