Emerald is a Swiss tech-enabled hospitality management company focussing on premium properties and boutique hotels across Europe. To homeowners, we offer an end-to-end solution to monetise their assets in total peace of mind, harnessing the powers of technology, data science and top industry talents. On the other end of our business, we offer a community of global travellers and businesses the intimacy of small premium properties across multiple destinations with Swiss hospitality and local experiences.
Emerald was founded by finance, real estate and hospitality tech professionals, and is backed by influential international investors. We have offices in Geneva and Barcelona.
As Project Management Intern in Marrakesh, your role will entail but not be limited to the following.
Management / development:
- Relationship with the management team at our offices in Geneva & Barcelona
- Responsibility of the operations in our Marrakesh cluster
- Implementation of new partnerships and packaged offers with local companies
- On-demand market analysis and search of new home leads
- Spot check of the cleaning quality in our homes
- Operations coordination with in-home staff: cleaning and maintenance
- Inventory management
- Monitoring and coordination of all major maintenance work with partners
- Providing housekeeping and other hospitality trainings as needed
- Recommendations on the optimization of our operational processes
Guest relations management:
- Providing concierge services; selling and coordinating extra services (grocery delivery, home chef, airport transfers, etc.)
- Coordination of special needs in the homes, based on the notes in our Property Management System (VIP guest, birthday cake, baby cot, etc.)
- Visiting guests in-homes and personalizing our services
- Relationship with external partners
- Intervention in case of emergency with guests
- Assisting the management team in onboarding new homes
- inventory creation
- quality control based on standard operating procedure
- information centralization
- photoshoot coordination
KEY INFORMATION ON THE INTERNSHIP
- Beginning of the internship : Fall 2019
- Length of the internship: minimum 3 months
- Internship based in Marrakesh with potential trips to our Barcelona office
- A driving license and a car is a plus (mileage allowances)
- Personal laptop to be provided by the intern
- Monthly salary to be discussed: we offer a competitive fixed salary and a variable bonus based on performance
- Work days and work hours may vary, we work in hospitality
- Passionate about hospitality, guest services and innovation in the industry
- Autonomous and entrepreneur
- Good stress management
- Flexible, mature, open-minded and positive
- Good level of English, French and Moroccan Arabic
- Preferably studying a Bachelor degree in hospitality
- Preferably with experience in 4* or 5* hotels at the front office, in housekeeping or guest relations
GOOD TO KNOW
We are growing quickly and we want our talent to grow with us. We offer a work environment that values and empowers people while fostering personal development. Our culture is dictated by the following values:
- Make Mistakes - We foster a creative environment where the best ideas win, where it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
- Question - We don't accept the status quo and look for ways to leverage technology while empowering people.
- Speak Up - We are true people who give honest feedback, who are not afraid to share opinions and who don't talk behind one's back.
- Think Big - While staying humble, we aim for the stars and work towards established goals and metrics.
- Don’t Compromise - We are obsessed with quality, like a Swiss watchmaker.
- Care - We care about our team members, our partners and our clients, and make our passion and our work one and the same.
Feeling aligned? Then we want you on the Emerald team!