Emerald Stay is a Swiss tech-enabled hospitality management company focussing on premium properties and boutique hotels across Europe. To homeowners, we offer an end-to-end solution to monetise their assets in total peace of mind, harnessing the powers of technology, data science and top industry talents. On the other end of our business, we offer a community of global travellers and businesses the intimacy of small premium properties across multiple destinations with Swiss hospitality and local experiences.
Emerald Stay was founded by finance, real estate and hospitality tech professionals, and is backed by influential international investors. We have offices in Geneva and Barcelona.
The Operations Executive will support guests and partners to ensure they have a great experience with Emerald Stay. This role will report to the Operations Manager.
As one of our Operations Executives, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following. In brief, the role is similar to a hotel Front Office position, but in a start-up environment.
- Managing the mailboxes email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com ; your goal is Inbox Zero
- Replying to queries from guests (before, during and after stay) and all types of partners such as travel agencies and transfer providers
- Controlling and managing reservations booked instantly in our Property Management System
- Liaising with guests so they complete their online check-in prior to arrival
- Preparing proposals for individuals and groups; closing and managing direct reservations
- Upselling and cross-selling
- Arranging some extra services such as airport transfers and at-home massages
- Coordinating special guests requests with the local staff in our destinations
- Closing and sending the invoice to our guests at the end of their stay; collecting extra money if needed, liaising with them in case of damages
- Collecting feedback from guests to keep improving our services
- Creating new homes in our Property Management System
- Creating new homes in our Channel Manager and all relevant Online Travel Agencies by following the appropriate procedures
- Completing homes listings on our Channel Manager and various Online Travel Agencies, i.e. equipments, photos legends and homes descriptions
- Resizing and uploading photos on our Channel Manager and various Online Travel Agencies
- Completing pricing analysis to suggest rates for our new homes
- Informing relevant partners of our new homes onboarding and updating relevant files
- Other related tasks: ordering signboards, registrering the homes with the city hall, etc.
Depending on the seasonality as well as your bandwidth, skills and interest, you may be involved with other aspects of our operations such as home listings improvements.
KEY INFORMATION ON THE POSITION
- Position based in Barcelona
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Work days and work hours may vary, we work in hospitality
We are looking for a Jack or Jill of All Trades who will thrive in a dynamically changing environment. In a nutshell, this role is a great fit if you have worked in Front Office at traditional hotels and are now looking for a more innovative environment.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working at the front office of a 4* or 5* boutique hotel
- Ideally, you also have experience working at a fast-growing company - you understand that responsibilities will evolve quickly as the company grows
- You love interacting with guests and all types of partners and can naturally establish great relationships with people; your interpersonal and team collaboration skills are excellent
- You have strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are comfortable speaking with HNWI (High Net Worth Individuals)
- You are good at managing stress and do not get easily overwhelmed
- You are detail-oriented, open-minded and positive
- You can multitask and work in an independent way
- You have a can-do attitude and are flexible
- You speak and write English and French perfectly
- You have worked with Mews before, our amazing Property Management System
- You have experience working in operations at a short-term rental company
- You are passionate about hospitality and innovation in the industry
- You speak Spanish or any other language
GOOD TO KNOW
We are growing quickly and we want our talent to grow with us. We offer a work environment that values and empowers people while fostering personal development. Our culture is dictated by the following values:
- Make Mistakes - We foster a creative environment where the best ideas win, where it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
- Question - We don't accept the status quo and look for ways to leverage technology while empowering people.
- Speak Up - We are true people who give honest feedback, who are not afraid to share opinions and who don't talk behind one's back.
- Think Big - While staying humble, we aim for the stars and work towards established goals and metrics.
- Don’t Compromise - We are obsessed with quality, like a Swiss watchmaker.
- Care - We care about our team members, our partners and our clients, and make our passion and our work one and the same.
Feeling aligned? Then we want you on the Emerald Stay team!