1. Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
2. Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are not installed or available.
3. Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
4. Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
5. Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Must show required shipyard experience on resume
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Hourly pay plus per diem for those who qualify
- Hotel assistance available (contact for details)
- Must have at least 3-5 years of Marine Rigging experience. With knowledge of a vessel, knots, chain falls, etc