- Minimum 5 years of Commercial or Navel Shipyard experience as a 1st Class Pipe Welder.
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process.
- Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes.
- Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- . Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
- All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes.