Elysium is seeking a senior frontend engineer to join our expanding team. You will be responsible for building and expanding upon the Elysium e-commerce and content sharing experience on the web. You will be working the front lines to implement a user experience that will seamlessly translate Elysium’s brand and commitment to quality and customer care for both mobile and web.
- Lead the frontend development of our e-commerce platforms and forthcoming web applications
- Ensure all technology is running efficiently and built to scale
- Work closely with our customer experience and design teams to analyze and continually improve user experience across all web products
- Build a platform to consolidate and optimize our data, enabling all teams to make smarter business decisions
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design and development of e-commerce systems
- You are a true self-starter and experienced collaborator
- Strong skills in and a passion for best-in-class UI and UX
- 5+ years of experience building web applications (e-commerce experience a plus)
- A solid eye for detail
- Must be a security conscious developer and know best practices for secure web development
- Ability and eagerness to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience using Python, Clojure, Scala or any other functional language is a plus
- Dynamic team-player, with strong organizational and time-management skills
- A big plus if you have contributed to open source projects, work on personal projects or are active in the local tech meetup scene
Elysium is building the world's first direct-to-consumer health science company, developing advanced natural products that go beyond nutritional and dietary supplements to address cellular health at the most fundamental levels. Using new technologies, we can now impact wellness at an unprecedented scale - from cellular and metabolic processes to entire systems and pathways. We are growing our operational team to work with over 30 scientists and medical pioneers, as well as 6 Nobel Laureates, to bring scientific breakthroughs in health directly to the home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.