What we're looking for:
Elysium is seeking a Controller to develop our finance and accounting infrastructure, and build out the financial procedures and systems at our company. This will be the first hire for the Accounting and Finance teams, and will have responsibility to help build these teams. This individual will be responsible for the strategic oversight of internal and external reporting protocols, Internal Controls, GAAP and SOX compliance, and ensuring appropriate accounting practices and policies. S/he will partner closely with the Chief Operating Officer making recommendations that align to the strategic direction of the business while providing solutions leveraging their technical skills.
- Oversee and execute on general accounting functions - GAAP reports, cash flow reports, payables, receivables, collections, tax filings, preparing and more
- Implement accounting policies, internal controls and procedures
- Manage financial reporting, budget planning, and accounting functions, strategically aligning the accounting strategy with the growth plans of the business
- Advise and support executive team through financings and audits
- Monitor organizational budgets and model financial outcomes, advising the executive team
- Manage third-party accounting, receivables, payables, customer billing and HR
- Assist with special projects, develop systems/processes to upgrade and support key business initiatives and drive process improvements
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of relevant financial experience in both public and private accounting
- Bachelor's degree and CPA required; MBA preferred
- Accounting leadership position in a publicly traded company is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting, US GAAP, taxes and legal entity structures
- Must have strong knowledge of all functions and systems for internal controls, internal & external reporting, audit processes, and tax
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to drive business initiatives
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Ability to multitask, thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment, and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
Elysium is building the world's first direct-to-consumer health science company, developing advanced natural products that go beyond nutritional and dietary supplements to address cellular health at the most fundamental levels. Using new technologies, we can now impact wellness at an unprecedented scale - from cellular and metabolic processes to entire systems and pathways. We are growing our operational team to work with over 30 scientists and medical pioneers, as well as seven Nobel Laureates, to bring scientific breakthroughs in health directly to the home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.