Are you looking to use your skills for good? Ellevate Network is the leading community for professional women, focused on providing smart, ambitious and successful women with a network of supporters they can lean on and learn from. This is a rare opportunity to gain broad experience at a tight-knit startup that's passionate about social change.
We are looking for a full-time Design Lead to join our rapidly growing New York City team. We strongly value diverse perspectives and care deeply about building a positive work environment; each of our small teams operates with a high level of flexibility, autonomy and ownership for our path forward.
After years of exciting growth, we have quite a few big projects on the horizon. As the first full time designer on our team, you’d play an important role in not only elevating, polishing, and standardizing our visual brand, but also in building out a larger design team in the coming years. To succeed in this role, you must be able to both see the big picture and to execute on day to day graphic and web design needs.
We’re looking for someone passionate about creating change in the word of business; you’re right for the position if you’re a problem-solver, a self-starter, collaborative, organized, and have strong communication skills.
What to expect in this role:
- You’ll join a small, collaborative, tight-knit B Corp with a big mission: equality for all.
- You’ll have a high level of responsibility and ownership over impactful projects
- You'll have direct access to our leadership team, with open lines of communication to discuss the role you play in our growing business.
- You'll attend and assist at all-hands-on-deck Ellevate events in NYC, up to twice a month, after-work on weekdays; we adjust our flexible hours on other days to account for these longer evenings.
- You’ll receive competitive benefits, like flexible work hours and locations, unlimited vacation time, 401(k) matching, generous parental leave, time off to volunteer, a wellness stipend, and more.
- You'll receive full access to Ellevate Network’s resources, speakers, events, and content.
- You’ll work from our brand new office with bottomless snacks, cold brew, wine, and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll own and advocate for Ellevate Network’s visual brand, helping us put our best foot forward.
- You’ll collaborate with the product and engineering teams on product design, providing wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- You'll brainstorm and suggest improvements to existing UI interfaces and our Style Guide
- You’ll support other internal teams (including marketing and communications) and external stakeholders (including our Chapter Leaders) by providing key graphics and templates.
- You’ll develop graphics templates and processes that standardize our visual brand
- You'll track success via qualitative and quantitative user feedback, as well as website conversion to key goals.
Who will be successful in this role?
- You're collaborative - able to work independently or in a team.
- You're quick on your feet - you know when to be scrappy and when to invest and stop cutting corners.
- You're an effective communicator with both technical and non-technical team members.
- You're flexible, empathetic, and patient with both team members and our users.
- You're self-motivated, perseverant and excited to contribute to our mission
We’re looking for someone with:
- Prior User Interface or Product Design experience
- Graphic Design skills - and taste!
- Familiarity with Photoshop and/or Sketch, Invision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail oriented
- Patient and professional demeanor, positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize thoughtfully within a dynamic environment
Benefits of Working at Ellevate:
- Flexible Work Hours & Locations
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Time off to volunteer
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- Access to Ellevate’s resources, speakers, events, and content.
- Beautiful office with snacks, cold brew, wine, etc.
At Ellevate Network we believe that there is power in diversity. We value different perspectives and recognize that they help us grow.
Ellevate Network is an equal opportunity employer and as such recruits, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.