Are you looking to use your skills to contribute to a social enterprise? Ellevate Network is the leading community for professional women, focused on providing smart, ambitious and successful women with a community they can lean on and learn from.
Located in NYC, we are looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer to join our rapidly growing team and company. You would be joining a small team that operates with a high level of autonomy - you’ll be the fourth engineer.
This is a rare opportunity to gain broad experience at a tight-knit startup that's passionate about social change. You're right for the position if you're both collaborative and independent, eager to apply your technical skills and experience to finding the right solutions for our community of women.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Angular & Heroku; prior experience with these technologies in a production environment is a plus.
What are you looking for in your next role?
- You'll work closely with our diverse engineering and product team to architect, build, and launch new features.
- In addition to forward development, you'll take ownership for refactoring & updating our current codebase.
- You'll follow Ellevate style guides to ensure new functionality is in line with our current product.
- We handle our workload using Agile/Scrum; you'll work with product team to roadmap and estimate timing on new features, as well as triage bugs & small features.
- You'll use Github (with Codeship for predeploy testing) and Slack for team communication.
- You'll have direct access to our leadership team with open lines of communication to discuss the role you play in our growing business.
- We offer competitive benefits: flexible work hours and locations, unlimited vacation time, 401(k) matching, generous parental leave, time off to volunteer, wellness stipend, and more.
- You'll receive full access to Ellevate Network’s resources, speakers, events, and content.
- Work from our brand new office with bottomless snacks, cold brew on tap, wine fridge, and more.
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ Years working with:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails or Sinatra;
- SASS/SCSS or CSS.
- Testing frameworks
You should also understand DRY methodology; value patterns, modules & portable code.
You see the value in using community styleguides, common practices & tools to create quality code.
You may have written Rspec tests for Models, Controllers, Views & Features, and will have experience with front end testing in PhantomJS, Jasmine and/or Capybara. Ideally you have experience with End to End & Regression testing.
We'd love to hire someone with some of these skills:
- Proficiency in Angular, Ember or React
- Familiarity with Heroku & AWS.
- Experience improving the performance of a Rails app.
- Optimizing Sidekiq & background jobs
- Knowledge of SEO optimization.
- Can contribute to product design and are savvy with UI/UX
- Has worked with the Stripe API in a production environment
- Understanding of search indexing and structures
Who will be successful in this role?
- You're collaborative: able to work independently or in a team.
- You're quick on your feet - you know when to be scrappy and when to invest and stop cutting corners.
- You can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- You're flexible, empathetic, and patient with both team members and users.
- You're self-motivated, perseverant and excited to contribute to our mission of closing the gender gap in business.
At Ellevate Network we believe that there is power in diversity. We value different perspectives and recognize that they help us grow.
Ellevate Network is an equal opportunity employer and as such recruits, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.