The opioid epidemic and widespread alcohol and other substance abuse continue to deeply impact communities across the country, and North Carolina has not been spared. While many individuals have substance use disorders currently, many more are misusing or experimenting with addictive substances for the first time this year. Despite the ongoing threat, only a fraction of the population has access to effective treatment. Eleanor Health is a new company that aims to build an integrated solution by expanding access to effective, whole-person treatment to drive sustained recovery. Our goal is to improve upon earlier generations of opioid and substance abuse treatment platforms to create more accessible clinic-based care that is integrated with the rest of a patient's life and care journey, and delivers superior outcomes for patients and their communities, the healthcare system, and society.
Eleanor Health will launch as a best-in-class substance use disorder care provider utilizing Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT), behavioral health therapy, psychiatric evaluation and management, and broader wellness and social support. As a multi-site clinical provider, Eleanor will deliver accessible, evidence-based and clinically excellent care, supported by innovative technology, starting in the Charlotte area and expanding across North Carolina and beyond. Eleanor will offer patients a sustainable path to recovery by addressing behavioral and social determinants of substance abuse in tandem with medical needs.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Registered Nurse will serve as an integral member of the treatment team for individuals with opioid and other substance use disorders. The Registered Nurse will be responsible for medical assessments of all patients during intake and will meet with enrolled patients on a regular basis to review and educate them on medication and other health information. The Registered Nurse will also be expected to work closely with the Clinic Manager and other team members on a wide variety of administrative and operational tasks to ensure that the clinic runs properly.
- Run medical assessments for all patients during intake process, including interviewing and annotating a patient’s medical history and administering a physical, among multiple other responsibilities
- Complete medication reconciliation during intake and subsequent patient meetings
- Educate patients on medication adherence and additional health information relevant to their specific care plans on a monthly basis
- Support daily operations of the clinic, including making calls to patients, assisting with front desk inquiries, performing urine drug assays, and assisting with bringing patients around the clinic
- Works closely with Eleanor Health Clinic Manager and other team members to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services
- Contributes to a unique and attractive culture that values mission-orientation, proactive initiative, ethical behavior, and collaboration
- Permanent North Carolina Registered Nurse (RN) license or another Compact State Registered Nurse license valid for practice in North Carolina
- Associates or BSN degree required
- Experience working with substance use disorder and/or opioid use disorder patients is preferred, but not required
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Ability to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Located in or willing to relocate to Charlotte area; able to travel to clinic site on a daily basis
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed