ei3 powers Industrial Internet programs with a scalable, multi-tenant SaaS platform. With thousands of industrial devices in 108 countries, we collect data, compute analytics, and deliver actionable information in a white-labeled user experience. ei3's solutions transform service business, improve asset performance, increase yield, predict maintenance, and reduce energy use.
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for back-end development tasks, including development and maintenance of our SaaS applications. These tasks are scheduled to meet defined specifications, and include enhancements, creation of new functions, composition of data-driven reports, and testing.
The person filling this position will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of software development professionals. This position requires a minimum of five years of development experience working in a team environment. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
- Design, develop and modify software elements and modules based on functional and system specifications. Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with development team and product managers for understanding the specifications. Develop schema to meet specifications, and execute.
- Ensure architectural integrity and product quality. Participate in testing process; debug code quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to ei3’s established processes and tools.
- Participate and contribute to development team project meetings and scrums.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Java, Java Server Pages (JSP), and JBoss / Tomcat.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, web services (REST, SOAP, API) and MySQL.
- Proficient working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information:
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Some international travel is required, particularly to our main office in NY, USA.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week at our office in Montreal downtown.