ei3 creates and delivers an Internet application that is used by large hotel chains to save energy and water and reduce waste. We are seeking a Sustainability Project Specialist to take a primary role in the delivery of our automatic meter monitoring solution we call MAVIN (Monitor, Alert, & View INformation).
The successful candidate provides a single point of contact for the complete lifecycle of defining, delivering and supporting automatic monitoring equipment at a fleet of hotel properties. Must be able to understand the ei3 energy monitoring system (Hilton LightStay) in order to explain details to various stakeholders involved in the projects. Good communication skills both telephone and in writing are essential. Must be able to quickly and correctly identify the nature of customer requests which will be complex and engineering/IT oriented. Additionally the successful candidate will direct the dispatch of service technicians and materials as needed by the hotel properties. This position will require some familiarity with Networking, Building Wiring, Utility Meters, Engineering Units of Measure, MS Excel, Project, as well as ei3's internet software workflow management tools.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities would include:
- Respond to requests for quote coming from hotel properties, (e.g. engineering managers asking for price information from ei3)
- Work with property engineers to define the landscape of energy and water meters to be connected.
- Compute the correct price, send documentation to customer prospects and update ei3's quote log.
- Receive purchase orders from hotel properties.
- Update ei3's incident tracking software with the status of each project.
- Inform ei3 management about the status projects at a bi-weekly meeting.
- Define the IT landscape to configure ei3 network appliances.
- When needed, work between the hotel and their local utility companies to make meters compatible with the ei3 system.
- Coordinate site visits from ei3 technicians, if and when necessary.
- Provide quality assurance by checking incoming metered data from monitored properties.
- Able to work for 40 hours per week from our office in Montreal.
- Optional opportunity for occasional travel to meetings and events (less than 10% of the time)
Preferred Education, skills and experience
- High level of customer orientation required.
- Passion for excellence in Energy Savings and Sustainability.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- Experienced with using internet workflow management software, e.g. support tickets to respond to user requests
- Familiar with MS Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with web conferencing applications
- Fluency in English is required, ability with Spanish or French is a plus
- Four year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
This position offers flexible work hours between 7AM and 7PM.