ei3 powers Industrial Internet programs with a scalable multi-tenant Saas platform. With thousands of industrial devices in 108 countries we compute analytics and deliver actionable information in a white-labeled user experience. ei3's solutions improve asset performance, increase yield, transform service business, predict maintenance, and reduce energy consumption.
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for front-end development tasks, including design and development of Angular-based web applications, as well as maintenance of an existing suite of applications. These tasks are scheduled to meet defined specifications, and include enhancements to user interfaces, creation of new functions, composition of data-driven reports, and testing.
The person filling this position will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of software development professionals. This position requires a minimum of five years of development experience working in a team environment. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
- Work closely with the ei3 development team and product managers to understand existing software architecture and product specifications
- Design and/or implement software that meets these specifications
- Ensure architectural integrity and product quality. Participate in testing process, including cross-browser testing; debug code quickly and efficiently
- Adhere to ei3’s established processes and tools
- Participate and contribute to development team project meetings and scrums
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools
- Design, develop and modify software objects and procedures based on functional and system specifications. Optimize implementations for maximum speed and scalability
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience creating web sites using dynamic synchronous and asynchronous techniques such as AJAX
- Experience using RESTful API's to communicate with data sources
- Experience using software development tools such as Eclipse IDE
- Experience using software version control systems such as Git and CVS
- Proficient working with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in Graphic design is a plus. We would encourage you to submit samples of your previous work, either in the form of links to live websites that you worked on, or screenshots of the same and to include a description of your contribution to the project.
- Experience with additional popular libraries or frameworks such as Ionic is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking
Personal Attributes and Additional Information:
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Some international travel is required, particularly to our main office in NY, USA.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week at our office in Montreal Downtown.