At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to help develop new gene editing and xenotransplantation products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge molecular and cellular engineering technology.
The candidate should have experience in molecular immunology including flow cytometry, PBMC purification, ELISA, magnetic bead and FACS cell sorting, conventional and real-time PCR. It is preferred that the candidate have experience in cell culture techniques, including mammalian cell culture (primary cells), and transfection.
This is a full-time hands-on research position that reports to research scientists in immunology. The candidate should be coachable, determined, responsible, and able to collaborate with other team members.
- Conduct flow cytometry, PBMC purification, ELISA, magnetic bead and FACS cell sorting, conventional and real-time PCR.
- Design, perform, and analyze cell culture experiments, achieving endpoints which include flow cytometric, genomic, and/or molecular analysis.
- Communicate and present scientific findings at group and company meetings
- Maintain detailed experimental records and laboratory notebook
- Contribute to multiple research projects as they arise in our fast-paced, start-up environment
- Troubleshoot and optimize assays and maintain careful records
- Build our laboratory efforts by maintaining and creating a productive and fun environment
- BS/MS degree in biology, cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or related discipline
- At minimum, 2+ year track record of lab experience
- Familiarity with general cellular biology and immunology techniques, including PCR, ELISA, cell culture, transfection, media making, etc.
- Strong management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently in a results-oriented, dynamic environment.
- Coachable in learning new knowledge and techniques